Do you struggle to get members involved in the union? Sign up for OCSEA's Leadership Academy to help you address this issue and more.
What union leaders will gain:
- More union involvement by the rank and file.
- Knowledge of AFSCME and OCSEA strategic goals & strategic intiatives at the local level.
- Effective communication strategies.
- Better knowledge of roles and day-to-day duties of a union leader.
- A stronger union 'team' at the local level.
- Leadership skills to fight for the rights of OCSEA members.
Subordinate Body Executive Boards, PEOPLE captains and key activists are encouraged to attend.
Registration has closed for both events.
- Kalahari Resorts (Sandusky)
Friday, Apr. 25 – Saturday, Apr. 26
Class is full
- Great Wolf Lodge (Mason)
Friday, Aug. 22 – Saturday, Aug. 23
Class is full
Call Judi Ayers at 800-266-5615, ext. 4772 with any questions.
Download agenda (pdf)
Friday (Day 1)
8:15 a.m. - Registration
9 a.m. - Continental breakfast
10 a.m. - Training session begins
11:45 a.m. - Welcome
Noon - Lunch
1 p.m. - Training session continues
2:30 p.m. - Break
2:45 p.m. - Training session continues
5:15 p.m. - Dinner
6:30 p.m. - Movie: At the River I Stand
Saturday (Day 2)
7:30 a.m. - Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - Training session continues
9:30 a.m. - Break (check out)
10 a.m. - Training session continues
11:30 a.m. - Lunch
12:30 p.m. - Training session continues
1:45 p.m. - Break
2 p.m. - Training session continues
4 p.m. - Adjourn